Thursday 25 September 2008

Through the Window Card


Bet you thought I had forgotten how to make cards! I will if I don't get round to making some more soon!

This is a card that I made at a class a couple of weeks ago with Jane Gill at the Glitter Pot. The image inside the card is stamped with Art Impressions stamps. First the background hill and sky is washed on, then the images are stamped on top. Finished off with little freehand birds in the sky. The card itself was cut using a Sizzix Movers and Shakers die. The curtains were cut from Bazzill Basics card, and then shaded and decorated to look like they are gathered checked fabric. Then shaped on a foam mat using an embossing ball tool, tied with a scrap of ribbon, and mounted on to the card using silicon glue. The greeting stamp is Woodware Tiny Phrases.

I actually finished this card in class - unusual for me! We did another card in the morning, but that didn't get finished, and I still haven't had time to finish it off at home. As soon as it gets done, I'll show that one as well. It was a lovely day - shut away from everything and playing with stamps! Came to an end all too soon. Have another class with Jane tomorrow - this time playing with her own design of Christmas tree stamps.

post signature

6 comments:

Tracy.H said...

WOW! So beautiful. :0)

Paula's ponderings said...

now THAT is a very pretty and very clever card!

Conniecrafter said...

such a beautiful scene, and just love the curtains!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I love how you did this! Beautiful stamping and such a cheery card with a fun concept. Wonderful job on the curtains, too. This is just fabulous!

Inna D. said...

It's awesome! Wonderful idea and excellent work.
Inna

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Oh, love that window card!! So beautiful and whimsical!♥ Gorgeous! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...