Wednesday 18 March 2009

Simple and Quick Birthday Card


Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, Sincere Salutations
Card Size: 15cm x 10.5cm (approx 4" x 6")

Method:

This is a very plain and simple card - but I needed one in a hurry! It was for a man, so no frills!

I stamped the cup cake using the elements from the Big Bold Birthday set. For the icing, I used the 'rock'n'roll' technique of rolling just the edges of the stamp on the ink pad. This way, I had ink just on the edges of the solid stamp. I then cleaned the stamp, and put ink just on the edge of one end, and used this to stamp the humps in the middle of the icing. I stamped the candles on to the card, and then masked them off before stamping the icing. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig of course for placement. I masked off the icing before stamping the bottom of the cake. Added a little bit of Barely Banana to give some colour to the flames.

The Creamy Caramel strip behind the image was stamped with another of the stamps from the set, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig again to line up all the little circles from one block to the next.

post signature

1 comment:

XxJULESxX said...

great card!!simple design but just perfect for birthdays!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...